Here are 6 things you might hear us recommend for you to try:
6 Common CBT Interventions
- Learning how to set goals that are realistic and problem-solving.
- Learning how to better manage things like stress and anxiety.
- Learning how to identify situations that you might avoid and gradually approaching feared situations.
- Doing more enjoyable activities like hobbies, social activities, and exercise.
- Learning to identify and challenge automatic negative thoughts (ANTS).
- Journaling and keeping track of your feelings, thoughts, and behaviors (Patterson, 2009).